I’ve seen the Excessively Diverting Blog Award nominations spread through blogs like a wildfire these past few days. I never reflected over the possibility to get a nomination myself since I’m so new with this blog. (I must addmit though that I’m happliy surprised by the great number of views and commets I’ve gotten since I started on dec 4th last year.) And honestly I hadn’t even taken the time to go and find out what it was all about. Today I got a message from a certain Lady Georgianna that both surprised me and made me super mega happy!
Due to the fabulousness of your blog, I’ve nominated it for the excesively diverting blog award! Swing by sometime and pick it up!
Am I required to do like a speach or something? Because I could write one, a reeeeally long one, in the spirit of this award and Jane Austen, I love writing – I love Austen! No? Well then I’d just very quickly like to thank Lady G for the nomination and Laurel Ann & Vic behind Jane Austen Today for coming up with this great idea! But most of all I want to thank all of you readers – you’re the ones making my blog you know; with all your comments and feedback! THANK YOU!!!
So this is not one of those awards where you just can take home the trophy and sit down and admire the shine of it for the rest of the day. I’m required to nominate seven (7) more bloggers – which I of course gladly will do! There’s just so many wonderful, witty and talented bloggers out there! I have these words to go by in my choosing though:
The aim of the Excessively Diverting Blog Award is to acknowledge writing excellence in the spirit of Jane Austen’s genius in amusing and delighting readers with her irony, humor, wit, and talent for keen observation. Recipients will uphold the highest standards in the art of the sparkling banter, witty repartee, and gentle reprove. This award was created by the blogging team of Jane Austen Today to acknowledge superior writing over the Internet and promote Jane Austen’s brilliance.
1. A blog I just very recently started to follow is Costumes, Cats and the 18th century. Writer Madame Berg has an utmost humorous, witty and amusing way of writing and I’m looking forward to many more posts, no – I expect them! ;D
2. And of course our queens of fashion, etiquette, irony, wittyness and… everything else, get their well deseved places among my nominations. Our beloved Marie Antoinette’s Gossip Guide to the 18th Century
3. The Duchess of Devonshire’s Gossip Guide to the 18th Century. These two have made many a day brighter for me and countless others with their undisputed wit and absolute fabulousness!
4. Okay, it didn’t say anything about what language the nominated blogs had be be written in. I know this excludes many of my readers from deciding on their own if the blog I’m now going to niminate deserve it, but you just have to trust me. Gustaf III:s Wänner is a Swedish blog where the many writers celebrate the 18th century in a most cheerful and witty way with, among other things, wonderful quotes and stories from the 18th century.
5. And how can I not nominate a fellow costume maker? Nicole of Diary of a Mantua Maker, like me, document her making of 18th century clothing in her blog, she does so with great detail and tutorial-ish explainations – which is very much appreciated indeed!
6. And an absolutely adorable blog is of course Une Collection Francaise where art collectors Thierry and Don blog “French miniature portraits owned by a French collector who wishes to share them with art lovers”. I just love the very idea! I know the award is about writing and this blog hasn’t very much text – but isn’t it just fabulous!?
7. The first blog I thought of when I was to choose my nominees was Johanna and her 18th century blog – Fashion and culture from the 1700s. This is one of the first blogs I started subscribing to, there’s just something about her. ^^
So, I hope I did this right and just to be sure I’ll just copy the instructions for my nomination recipients from Jane Austen Today.
Recipients, please claim your award by copying the HTML code of the Excessively Diverting Blog Award badge, posting it on your blog, listing the name of the person who nominated you, and linking to their blog. Then nominate seven (7) other blogs that you feel meet or exceed the standards set forth. Nominees may place the Excessively Diverting badge in their side bar and enjoy the appreciation of their fellow blogger for recognition of their talent.
Thank you all again!!! *Kiss on cheeks*