Killing my darlings <´(

How did I ever imagine I could cover my own vintage buttons?
I had these brass buttons with the classic anchor motif that I got from my usual provider – my better half’s mother Kristina. There are 12 of them and the perfect size for the pet-en-l’air stomacher, so I decided to cover them with my own embroidery. I am sooo pleased with the embroidery, but it seems I didn’t do enough research on how to dress this kind of buttons – it probably can’t be done with acceptable results… Fail-pics to come… <(
So the brass buttons will go to good-will, and unless I can make it work with usual flat buttons, I’m gonna have to get myself some buttons made to dress with tools and stuff.
I hate it when my thrifty ideas don’t work!!!

Advertisements

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: