Wow, another award! =D To be true, it always makes me so happy to get these awards, maybe because I never expect them, haha. ;D
Thank you soooo much Angela of La Châtelaine Chocolat for nominating me! <$
So, as I’ve understood it (can’t find any rules), I am to name 7 things about me that you might not know, and then nominate 7 other bloggers for the award. Ok, this might take a while, hahaha!
- My sewing and costuming interest started with my unsatisfying Barbie closet – I just started making clothes for her myself. If I remember correctly, the clothes were just closed with strings in the back like one of those hospital shirts, but at least the front looked ok… ;P I wish I could find those old rags and just fall into a nostalgia coma or something, but I think they’re packed down with my old Barbie in my moms cellar and she lives 5-6 h away. If I ever do find them however – I promise I’ll take photos, haha. ;P
- I’m a latex fetishist. That means I love to wear latex (natural rubber) clothing. Now, some of you might squirm in your chairs just by reading the word “fetish”. But actually a fetish could include anything from lace underwear to corsets to feet (yuck!). Plus, the old definition of the word “fetish” – that you can’t be sexually satisfied without getting to devote yourself to your fetish, is getting a little old, it’s used more freely today. I am totally fine with not wearing a latex catsuit in bed 😄 – but I still want to call myself a latex fetishist. Just because I love to wear beauuuuutiful, shiny clothes like the dress below, doesn’t mean I get turned on by spanking the crap out of you and your children and your goat, though.
Sorry about the cursing, I’m just very sensitive about predjudice! Hrm… I’m ok now… ^^ To me, latex clothing is art! And it takes ten times the patience and skill to make clothes like this than it takes to make the most elaborate robe a la francaise by hand.
- If you haven’t noticed it yet – I’m a period crafter, or what ever you want to call it. At times, I can work all my waking time on the pet-en-l’air or another part of the project, and then suddenly I don’t feel like doing anything at all. And then one day I feel like making jewellry (my jewellry), like I did the whole day yesterday and the day before that. And then I want to paint, or write or what ever… I have so many hobbies, and I love them all! I’ve been trying to choose one to get rid of, because it’s really messing up both our appartment and my head. But I just can’t bring myself to end it – it’s like giving away a baby or something… 😄 I don’t know if there’s a diagnosis for that, but even if there was – I would never take pills to deal with it – even if it means that I have thousands of unfinished projects lying around. ^^
- I don’t like style lables. I’ve been called hippie, punk, goth and everything between through the years – but I’ve never felt I fit into any of those boxes. Why is there even labled boxes for people? I’m Mia – the end!
- I’m a teacher. Or I will be as soon as I finish a few assignments I’ve been dragging behind with. I’ll be teaching in Swedish and religion for kids about the ages 15 -19. It’s been a dream since I was in that age myself and I believe it’s my calling in life. I feel the most happy when I’m teaching, and the kids seem to like me as well. ^^
- I love people, I love life stories and I love to listen to people talk. I’m such a great listener that people sometimes think I have nothing to say. I just like to listen and understand people, their opinions and problems before I leave my input in a discussion.
- If I’d ever get famous, of all my creative activities, I’d want to be famous for my writing. I mostly write poetry (my poetry, in Swedish), but right now I’m actually working on something that I’d like to turn into a novel some day.
Bit of a sad ending there, hehe, sorry about that. Let’s just get right to the nominations! =D
As I’ve understood the rules, it doesn’t have to be an 18th century or history centered blog, and since all the 18th century oriented blogs I have in my feeds has already been nominated – I’m gonna go ahead and nominate a few interesting versatile bloggers with other themes. All of them are inspirational to me in ways I don’t think I’ll even ever know myself… 😄 (Listed in no particular order…)
Wunderkammer – I don’t know who’s behind this, but it’s a wonderful collection of wonderous wonders! A collection of images of everything macabre! Extremely inspirational – if you like that kind of stuff. ;D
Zoetica Ebb of Biorequiem – A great artist, beautiful model and inspirational blogger. Plus I love her hair, and her back tattoo… I just love her style, I’m a BIG fan! ;D Just check her out!
UllaBenulla – A wonderfully whimsical artist and teacher! I so much enjoy following Ulla’s blog, so much inspiration!
…love Maegan – I love DIY and I must addmit – that’s the biggest reason I follow this blog, but Maegan has an amazing and versatile blog!
Suzanne of Wurzeltod – Another blog macabre I guess, but with a little more “cream on the cake”.
Trish of Trouvais – a wonderful interior design blog for the rococophile and the regular flea market visitor!
Adam Norman – a versatile costumer indeed!
Wow, I managed to get a list of 7 (I’m not a big blog reader, believe it or not)! I hope just I did everything right… 😄