I’ve had a hard time finding bias tape in the size I want at the bigger sewing material stores in town, they only have like one size and it’s too wide for the stays I’m making. I was going to have a look at the net when my mother-in-law (well, not in-law, but my bf’s mother, hehe ^^) and I went through her drawers of sewing stuff and old projects just for fun. And there we found two packs of white bias tape of the size I wanted. She said that she probably never was going to use it so I could have them! Yaay! <D
The thing is – it was like glowing snow white and that definetley would not look good to my stays, hehe ;P So I went on trying something I’ve never tried before – dying with tea! I had heard of it before, so I looked it up on the net. I found this site (which doesn’t seem to work right now *grrrr*) Dawn’s Pages – Tea Dying. So that is the “recipe” I used and the picture below is the result (with the stays underneath). =D I’m very pleased with the result!